Monday, December 18, 2017

Weekend Highlights

And now it's time for our weekend highlights.

The weekend started out with a trip up to Idaho. Not surprisingly, there was a late departure, meaning I hit the weekend traffic. Fortunately, the roads were fairly clear weather wise and the timing of arrival still worked out okay. And it would have been even better if I had known I was supposed to go to my parents' first, not my brother's, but it worked out fine.

A quick meal at the parents' and then on to brother #3's house for a sleepover with the kids made for a bit of a late night, but breaking with custom, there was sleep.

The next morning got off to an early but rousing start with a sword fight--gotta love those foam swords. After such a great workout, we had a hearty breakfast of Costco muffins and a viewing of Psych the Movie. Nothing like dessert to kick off your day!

We also got lucky enough to get a snowstorm, so the kids played outside while I got ready, then I went outside for a few minutes and took pictures, and then we went back to my parents' for some craftiness. Meaning, making of crafts. Which was great because I got to see my other niece and nephew, and we played outside some more.

After that we all went our ways. I headed back home, because it seemed better to drive in daylight in bad weather.

Saturday night I went to my cousin's wedding reception, which was nice. I'm always kind of amazed at how great my extended family is, and a bit in awe in some ways, maybe. I also got my last Christmas packages sent out.*

Today's highlight was going to a friend's and making gingerbread houses. There were some very impressive feats of graham cracker and cookie architecture, but I don't even remember the last time I made a gingerbread house, so mine was pretty modest.
Even so, I really enjoyed unleashing my inner 5 year old, and am very proud of the Sour Patch kid floating on a life saver inner tube on the pond/lake. 

All in all, a good weekend. Probably good that it's over, because I'm kind of sugared out!**

*But not Christmas cards. It is very weird to me to think that I am adult enough that I should be sending out Christmas cards. When did that happen?!

**Check in with me at 10:00 tomorrow to see how that situation has changed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment