Friday, November 10, 2017

The Magic Touch

At work today I was called on to solve no less than five tech problems. I dread tech problems because I have a very limited bag of tricks. I managed to solve all five, but really, I didn't do anything special: I had 2 reboots, one checking the cord, one retyping the URL, and one where I just did the same thing the patron did, it just worked for me.

When I solve a tech problem, the staff who called me in are typically impressed. I keep trying to tell them that I just glare at the computers right, and I'm sure they just think I'm being modest. And as long as they keep asking me easy to solve problems, we'll be good. But the truth is if my basic bag of tricks (rebooting and trying the same thing everyone else did. And I suppose a couple of other cheats I've picked up) runs out, I'm in big trouble because then I really have no idea what to do.

So, here's to easy fixes and tech that I can glare into submission!

No comments:

Post a Comment