Sunday, November 26, 2017

Pobrecita

Yesterday, I returned from a lovely (and too short) Thanksgiving break in time to run some errands before returning the rental car. And, of course, rather than leaving immediately after unloading my stuff from the trip, I dillied and dallied for a bit. This ended up being a rather unfortunate mistake, because I failed to remember that it is the downtown lights season, and I live in downtown. And my street has free parking after 6:00, which means all the visitors are going to park there.

Forgetting all of this, I moseyed out and did my grocery shopping (it is so nice to have a car when grocery shopping) and really stocked up. And, of course, when I got home, there was absolutely no street parking. Since I don't have a car, I opted not to pay for parking in my complex every month, so I rely on street parking when I rent cars. The closest I could find was a church parking lot across the street, and I then had to haul all of my groceries from the parking lot (and not one of the closest stalls), across the street, through the locked gate, to my building, through the locked door, and into my house. I figured it counted as my daily workout, so at least there was that.

Then, during one of my trips, the keys to the car fell out of my pocket. I retraced my steps all the way to the car, didn't find them, (had this terror that someone trying to be helpful picked them up and turned them in to a lost and found somewhere, which would not have been helpful), walked back to the apartment, and lo and behold, they were on the lawn outside my building where I completely missed them (not sure how!) when I started my search.

Groceries unloaded, I treated myself to some food, and in slicing my English muffin (even though they are supposed to be pre-sliced. They never really are), also sliced my finger. Not the worse I've ever seen, but it's a good half inch long, right on the joint of my index finger. And weirdly, today the knuckle below the one with the cut is sore.

After that, I think I gave up on doing anything productive other than returning the rental and unpacking, very late, before going to bed. Oh, and looking at cars. Not because I felt like everything I did was ending up a disaster. Just because it was a Saturday night and I'd just gotten back from traveling, and that is always really sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment