Sunday, March 19, 2017

March Madness

It's March and here at the 40th parallel in North America it's 70 degrees outside. Which is all wrong. It's supposed to be 50 on a good day. The last of the winter storms. Windy with the siren song of spring. Not June. 

All of which is foreboding. If it's 70 degrees now, June, oh so lovely June, is going to be a nightmare. And I don't even want to think about the month of August.  

On the other hand, maybe this explains the insanity that has been the past month of my life. Not so much at home, I suppose, but work seems to be chaos. I don't dare set foot in the Reference area for fear that I will get sucked in to the black hole of "I Have a Question" and only manage to return to my desk an hour later. Another hour I have fallen behind on my other work and at which point my brain is exhausted. It's hard work figuring out how to track down answers that you don't have. Just one of the many reasons I believe librarians and archivists should adopt the tag line "Smarter than Google".* 

None of this is helped by the lack of quality sleep, which I am also blaming on the weather. And stress, probably. And the general weirdness in the air. Or water. Or what have you. Whatever it is, I think the world is ready for a vacation. 

I definitely am.

*If people could Google it, they wouldn't be asking us. Usually. In theory. Not always. But still. I stand by my slogan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment