Sunday, August 7, 2016

Firsts

This week was a week of firsts for me:

First time in the South (Atlanta, GA. I loved it!)
First time on a subway (I am counting it as a subway, even though it isn't called a subway. I had to get on the train underground. It's a subway)
First MLB game
First Uber ride
First dolphin show
First SAA conference. (Society of American Archivists. Not to be confused with South African Airways, Syracuse Arts Academy, Society for American Archaeology, South African Army, Syrian Arab Army, Savannah Arts Academy, Spencerville Adventist Academy, Southern Athletic Association, Stock Artists Alliance, Sub Aqua Association, or any of the other SAAs)
First time in North Carolina - even though it was just the airport, it counts
First time being entrusted with a company card (not as great as you might think, really)
First encounters with old colleagues since switching jobs (went alright)

And, it's the last of my summer travels. Now I'm home for a few weeks, which is probably good, but makes me sad. The world is a big place and there is a lot to see and do.


No comments:

Post a Comment