Thursday, September 1, 2016

More fond memories

Now that the bat situation is dealt with, I thought I'd go back to reminiscing about Atlanta. So, if you don't want the travelogue, you can skip this post.

Because I was in Atlanta for a conference, I was there with a bunch of co-workers and, somehow, our schedules just weren't in sync which meant that when they all went to the Aquarium, I was in class. That didn't stop me though. I just went the next day by myself, which actually turned out to be perfect because it meant I could take the camera and practice my photography. That wouldn't have happened if I'd been with a group, but since I went solo, I could take my time. I did have to remind myself to put down the lens and enjoy, but it all balanced out.

The Georgia Aquarium advertises itself as the largest in the US. I can't say I have anything to compare it to, but I think maybe I was dreaming a bit too big. It was pretty great, though. And now I have an excuse to go to more aquariums to compare. I definitely concur with general opinion (at least, the general opinion of my friends who went the day before) that you can't miss the dolphin show. And I did get some good pictures:








And of course, I couldn't pass up the gift shop. What better place to get a souvenir? I was very tempted by plush toy animals (everyone needs stuffed animals) and I did see a great squid hat that grabbed my attention, but settled for a snow globe and some postcards.

But I couldn't shake off that squid hat. So the next night, my co-worker/friend and I went back to see if we could get in to just the gift shop. My friend kindly explained to the guard on duty that I just had to get a squid hat, and she kindly let us in. Totally worth it:

No comments:

Post a Comment