Sunday, November 30, 2014

We now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast

Holidays and vacations always throw me for a bit of a loop. There's a certain incongruity about them, a disparity in context between the holiday and the normal day. I feel like someone is flipping the channel on me. I'm in the middle of one show, and then the channel changes and all of a sudden I'm in a different one, and just as I'm getting up to speed on it, the channel changes back to the first show and my brain has to adjust all over again.

Unfortunately, I need the breaks to cope, so I don't really know what to do but endure the channel changes, try to enjoy each show while I'm in it, and sort it all out later. I've enjoyed the latest channel change quite a bit, which makes it trickier to flip back, but in the end, I always have to. So, tomorrow, I'll be back to my regular program (comedy? drama? soap opera? reality TV?! Documentary...or nature show! Not an action flick or a crime drama, thank goodness, and not a sitcom at present. In terms of general interest, it's one of those local programming stations that shows City Council meetings. Yeah. Don't look for it on DVD!) 

Here's to the next episode! 

No comments:

Post a Comment