Sunday, December 22, 2013

Over-Teched

The other day, my co-worker needed to take some pictures, but her phone battery was dead. So, she asked if my iPod had a camera on it. I said, "Yes, but I also have my camera here." (I know. Weird, you are thinking. Well, I am pretending like I'm developing my photography skills and that I have a hobby, so I carry it around with me most days. It's not like I am short on room in my backpack).

As I was walking to my locker to get said camera, I realized that not only did I have my iPod's camera and my camera camera, my Kindle has a camera, and so does my phone. All of which were in my locker or on my person. Meaning I had 4, yes 4, cameras to choose from.

I would like to point out that only one of those cameras was purchased for the actual purpose of taking pictures. The camera feature was not a motivating factor for any of the other devices. And of the 3 device cameras, I only use the iPod, and that only occasionally, because I prefer the quality of my Camera.

So, can anyone explain why every tech toy has to have a camera? Because I think it's a bit much, myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment