Saturday, March 24, 2018

Rules to live by

Years ago, I found myself in Puerto Rico and I saw this really great hat that I wanted to buy. But, being a poor exchange student, I tried to be responsible and ended up talking myself out of it. Or maybe I was too shy to drag my fellow exchangees in there to buy it. I don't even know anymore (memory is funny like that). But either way, I didn't buy the hat, and I've regretted it ever since. I've even tried to find one like it, but no luck (again, memory is a funny thing and I'm not sure I even know what I'm looking for).

A couple of summers ago, I was in Nauvoo and one of the shops sold these great pioneer hats for boys. And girls, too, but who wants a girls pioneer hat, all bonnety with ties? No thanks. Anyway, I could have purchased one right there, but did I? Of course not. Dumb responsible me talked me out of it. But I couldn't get it out of my head and one of the first things I did when I got home? Got online and bought me a hat.

And let's not forget the squid hat affair. Granted, it is a way better story with my co-worker going back with me the next day and talking the guard into letting us in the gift shop. But still. Are we noticing a pattern here?

What do we learn from this?

I should always buy the hat.


No comments:

Post a Comment