Sunday, December 3, 2023

Because an archivist

I have archivist hands!!!!!

No, I am not wearing white gloves (most of the time, that's not actually the best for handling records). I mean, I have paper/folder/box cuts all over my hands.* Which makes me so happy! 

I know, that sounds weird. But my first archivist job, I was working hands on with big complex collections. I loved the complexity, and I loved handling the records and creating order out of chaos. With my current job, usually there's not enough in the donation to have chaos that needs ordered, which makes me sad. I miss that part of things. Describing is fine, but processing a collection is the BEST, and this week I was in our center in Mexico and I got to dive in and do some of that** and I have paper cuts and archivist hands and it's awesome!!!!

Happy sigh. Merry Christmas to me. 

*And by all over, I mean 4 or 5.
**reprocessing, really, which is not as fun, but close.

No comments:

Post a Comment