Monday, May 29, 2023

I'm always on time somewhere

I can't be the only one who has this problem. I have 8 clocks in my house: kitchen stove, microwave, wall clock in living room, alarm clock, an actual watch, my phone, my tablet, and my laptop. (And I usually bring home my work laptop, which would make 10). That is a lot of clocks for approximately 500 square feet. The problem is, none of them seem able to agree on what time it is. 

Even if I set them off of each other, which I try to do, they always get off. And it's not just at my house. At work, we use atomic clocks and in one room it might end up being 3 or 4 minutes later than in another. It's as close to time travel as you can get. 

Obviously, having disagreeing clocks is a problem because in one part of the house, I may think I'm on track for getting to work on time and then I take 10 steps and find out I'm running behind!* 

It also does just prove the fact that the measurement of time is just pretend. It is one of the many pretend things in the adult world, and as long as we all keep believing, it will work. Now, if we can all just believe that my clocks will agree...

*Not that this is why I'm running behind. I blame that on the universal law that a bed is never more comfortable than the 10 minutes before you have to get out of it and the hour after you have to get out of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment