Monday, November 7, 2022

New Year's celebrations

I know, it's not even Thanksgiving. But, this week at work, we were talking about how we celebrate the holidays. My Chilean coworker mentioned that in Chile, you celebrate the new year the way you want it to be during the year. To which I mentioned I always spend it sleeping, and my boss said, "Is that why I'm always tired? I welcome the new year by sleeping, so then I am sleepy the whole year?"

Which makes me think we need some kind of guide for ringing in the new year Chilean style. For example, does sleeping at midnight mean you will be sleepy all year? Or well rested? If you party alone, does it mean you'll be lonely? Or (for the introverts among us) content in your own company (which can be a good thing). If you spend the evening playing games with family, what does that mean? Or watching the news? 

So basically, we need the New Year's celebration equivalent of dream interpretation: what does xyz thing mean. And someone needs to write it soon, because I need to get my plans right!

No comments:

Post a Comment