Friday, October 28, 2022

With great power comes...

...a massive amount of emails. 

I shifted to a supervisory role at work a while ago which I never really wanted to do. I would have been content not being in management, but what can you do. And there are several things I don't love, but one of the things that is a definite drawback to being a supervisor is the number of emails I get. I don't love it.

In my previous role, I could get away with cleaning out my inbox once a month (or less!!!). It was brilliant! And I didn't get the back and forth on things as much. One or two emails, problem solved, moving on. Now, I send out one email and get a dozen in response (and the email tool we use doesn't group them together, annoyingly). I got my inbox down to 60 earlier this week, and I'm already back at 120. 

Which may not sound horrible to some people but it is mildly panic inducing for me. A few, I can handle, but a flood of emails is too much. 

So all in all, I'll take less power. And fewer emails.

No comments:

Post a Comment