Saturday, October 22, 2022

Adulting lessons

There is a ton of information about being an adult that I seem to never have received. I don't know if it is just me, or if we all missed out on that particular class but either way, I definitely missed the class on dealing with illness: how to know if you are sick, how worried to be, when to call a doctor, and basic care when you are sick.

I came down with something on Tuesday night (seriously, hit me out of nowhere), and stayed home on Wednesday. But since then, I've just been a bit queasy. And at the same time, not, which makes no sense I know. I have just felt off and not really wanted to eat anything, and have been a bit nauseous and tired. And probably some of it is just a mind game at this point but I'm still just not gung-ho about eating. 

There are some upsides, though. I haven't had to decide what to eat for dinner at all this week. Or fix dinner! Or lunch! (Which, given that more frequently than I'd like to admit, I don't get to lunch, at least now I can say there's a good reason for it). But, given that I haven't had a ton to eat, it just makes me more tired, which definitely isn't helping things. And I'm not entirely sure when to get really worried. 

And my friends keep telling me (because they are good friends!!!) to rest, and I really do try but this annoying life business keeps getting in the way. And hopefully today will be a turning point. I am feeling better. I mean, ice cream sounded great, so that's a good sign, right?! 

Anyway, I am just feeling like I should know better what to do in this situation so if anyone has any notes from that adult class, let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment