Sunday, September 11, 2022

Mexico City

Since college, if you had asked me where I wanted to go in Mexico, my answer would have been Mexico City. And finally, after 20 years, I made it.

Why Mexico City? It's a city on a city on a lake!!! Why would you NOT want to see that? A city built by Aztecs about 700 years ago, on a lake. And then, 200 years later, the Spaniards come, and decide to build their city on top of Tenochtitlan. And it's still there!!! On top of the city on the lake!!! And it's kind of sinking in places (yeah. I did mention it's on a lake, right?) but it's STILL THERE!!! How amazing is that?!  

Anyway, one thing off the bucket list. 

Basilica de Guadalupe

Meat cooking

Templo Mayor

Metropolitan Cathedral

Palacio de Bellas Artes

Museo Nacional de Antropología

El Caballito

 

No comments:

Post a Comment