Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Office wars

We are going through a reorganization at work, and thus, relocations. In the first 4 years at my current job, I moved offices 5 times, so I've pretty much learned to not get attached. But, offices are strange things that end up meaning a lot to people. In some ways I get it. I work in a cubicle--a shared cubicle--at the moment, and sometimes, a little privacy would be nice. There are perks to a cubicle, but I get the desire for 4 walls that reach the ceiling and a door. 

Or course there are disadvantages to an office, as well. With great workspaces come great responsibilities. Also, offices can be a bit isolating sometimes, shut away from the masses. But, sometimes, that is exactly what I need at work. 

So, basically, at the end of the day office space is just office space, and you make it what you want it to be. And, it is not the hill I plan on dying in this lovely rat race we're in. But to each their own, and if an office is your thing, go for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment