Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Have nots

 I've been thinking lately about all the things that have not happened in my life. For example, I haven't:

  • lived in a war-torn country where things are constantly being bombed
  • experienced severe famine where I didn't have food to eat
  • gone hungry for lack of food
  • had my possessions destroyed in fire, flood, or other natural disasters
  • been homeless
  • lived somewhere where I was afraid of what the government might do
  • been imprisoned, justly or unjustly
  • been through a divorce 
  • lost a child or spouse or parent
  • been assaulted
And those are just some of my have-nots. Not to say I haven't had some hard haves, but all in all, I feel like my life is pretty fortunate. 

And now I'm going to go knock on wood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment