Monday, December 7, 2020

And that's how it goes

Today I made the mistake of transferring gigabytes of files from one drive to another drive via a VPN. Which took approximately 4 and a half hours? And would have been fine, except for the fact that while they were transferring, file explorer was basically bogged down and not letting me do anything. And all of my work required accessing files through file explorer. As you can imagine, it made productivity not great. And last week, I was trying to access large files through a VPN, which was taking a couple to a few minutes to load each image, and I couldn't do my work without looking at the files. So, another not productive stretch.

Mostly, working from home has been good, and I really can't complain, because I'm working. And many people are not. But it is incredibly frustrating to not be able to do work while working, and to feel like I haven't put in my hours so I need to keep working until midnight to do a decent day's work. And I did find one or two things to try and work on, it just wasn't my best day.

But the files are transferred, and tomorrow is another day that will hopefully not involve moving large files across drives via VPN and things should go better. Fingers crossed. And may we all be dealing with such routine frustrations sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment