Sunday, August 11, 2019

Frequently Heard Comments as a Walking Reader

Don't run into anything!
Have you ever run into anything?
I would run into things if I did that.
How do you do that?
I don't know how she does that!
That's Elise, she's always reading.
I didn't recognize you without your book!
What are you reading now?*
That looks interesting.**
That's not the book you were reading yesterday!

And, not a frequent one but one of my all time favorites:
"I want to take your picture because you are actually reading a book instead of looking at a screen!"***

*I actually love this one because then I get to talk about the books I'm reading. Although, it can be risky, such as when I was reading Why Do So Many Incompetent Men Become Leaders? (And How to Fix It). That led to some awkward moments. 
**can be said either sarcastically or sincerely. 
***I do read books on my tablet but that day, I had a hard copy of a book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment