Friday, November 23, 2018

Bliss

Have you ever seen a panda play in snow? I haven't in person, but I have seen some great videos of pandas playing in the snow, including a new one that just came out this week--good ole Bei Bei made the most of the first snowfall in his neck of the woods. Here's the thing about pandas playing in the snow: there is a lot of tumbling and slipping and wallowing in the snow.* But most of all, there's a lot of sheer pleasure. I don't know how you could possibly be certaian, but they sure look like they are having the best time of their life. It is super hard not to just be happy too when you see a panda playing in the snow.

My favorite panda in the snow video is of the panda at the Toronto Zoo taking on a giant snowman. It's amazing. And I have especially good memories of watching this with each of my two-year old nephews. One was sick and feeling miserable, so I showed him this on my phone and every time that panda fell off the snowman, he just laughed! I can't even count how many times we watched it. But it made him smile, which made everyone feel better. Then I showed it to his cousin a few days later. I wasn't sure I'd ever get my phone back. I think he watched that panda 40 times in a row. And loved it every time. Now I can't watch that happy panda without remembering that cute, sick little two-year old and his cousin enjoying Panda's antics. Happiness points are automatically doubled.

Anyway, to all the pandas out there enjoying snow, thank you. You make the world a better place.


*No joke. They can't get enough of the snow. It's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment