Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Keep calm and breathe on

This weekend, I'm taking a road trip with my niece. It will be about 20 hours round trip - a day down, a day there, and a day back. So, it's a lot of driving and it makes for a packed weekend.*

Which would be fine, except I will get back late Sunday night. I have to get to drop off the rental before getting to work early to install an exhibit that a week ago I didn't even know we were going to do**. Right after that, I have another meeting. Then another meeting. At lunch, we are holding the inaugural session of a local archives group which is kind of a big deal if I think about it. Then back to work, desk shift, and afterwards, an event I'm attending with a friend. The event is about 45 minutes south - I wonder if my friend will be offended if I take a quick nap on the way down? So, packed weekend, packed Monday.

But Tuesday will be great, right? I'll be able to relax? Well, not so much. More meetings, catching up on work for having taken off Friday (to make up for working last Saturday), another desk shift, and then a Church activity that night.

But I think by Wednesday night, things might settle down. I might just have a chance to catch up on life at home, which I'm sure will need to be done. I know for some people, this is life. Nonstop happenings. But for me, it's exhausting to think about.

So, I guess I just won't think about it! Problem solved.


*and I'm remembering that I'm not 30 anymore which is how old I was the last time I did a long road trip. That trip was 1600 miles over about 3.5 days, solo, and by the end of day two, it was painful.
**which in this particular case, is actually less frenzied than you might think.

No comments:

Post a Comment