Thursday, October 12, 2017

And then there was today

Some days are ho-hum. Some days are amazing. And some days are like today.

On the plus side, I made it to work on time. And, when I wandered out into the reference room and said I planned on hiding under the desk for the day, I made our volunteer laugh good and hard.

But I really did want to hide under the desk. I would have gone home, except I had too much work and I had a desk shift. But by 11:00 I was definitely hitting my limit. I warned multiple people that if anyone asked me a question about anything prior to 1900, it would not be pretty.

When I moseyed out to the reference room in the morning, there was no one. By the time I had my shift in the reading room, there were at least half a dozen people with a load of questions. And when I got done with my shift at 5:00, I walked into the reference room and, well, yeah. Craziness happened.

I finally left the reference room at 6:00, took a few minutes to take care of some business that I hadn't gotten to, and walked out of the building at 6:15.

To my credit, no living things were injured in the making of this blog post. Everyone I interacted with went home in one piece, and fairly satisfied to the best of my knowledge. So, a win in terms of my contribution to world peace. Sometimes, that's all we can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment