Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Broken streaks

In case you hadn't heard, there was a big eclipse today. While I wasn't so avid about it that I went to where there was a totality, I did go check it out. As predicted, it was more entertaining to watch everyone watching the eclipse. Not that it wasn't cool, but the people part was pretty funny. And fun.

Anyway, I deliberately made the choice not to take my nice camera*, but I did grab my phone in case there were any great people watching moments. And a good thing, too, because I would have been really bored just staring at the thing non-stop.**

So, I goofed off with my phone camera, which isn't that great of a camera, but I did get some interesting effects. 

There were cool rays and the whole crescent-shadows from a tree effect, which were fun and interesting to take.

And then I realized that I had taken some selfies. I'm not a selfie person. I don't know that I've ever taken a selfie before. If I have, I can't remember it and it was probably with a niece or nephew who was playing with the camera. But certainly not on purpose. I've been in them when other people have taken them, which also doesn't count. I have taken pictures of myself, but I've done it with a tripod and remote shutter release, so I don't think those count. But an actual selfie? Never! Until now. Streak over. 
I figure it's okay though, because it's all in the name of science. And once-in-a-lifetime occasions (so they say). And my face is pretty much invisible because of the lighting. So, I guess if you have to end a streak, this wasn't a bad way to go.

*I already had too much stuff to carry. Besides, I knew the rest of the world would have great pictures and stuff. 
**I suspect the total eclipse would have been a different experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment