Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Will you be my friend?

I'm not someone who has a great deal of interest in the whole online dating thing, although I sometimes feel like maybe I should be more open to it. I was talking with a friend who has been trying it, though, and I realized what it is that I don't like about the idea.

The thing is, with online dating all the pressure is on, right? It seems like it's really obvious that you are looking for something serious so it's all or nothing. But what I really want is to make some friends and then take it from there. Kickin' it old style, I suppose, but it's my style.

What I really need, then, is a friend service. It is hard to make friends as a 'mid-single'. I'm not hanging around with a bunch of other mid-singles all the time. In school, you are hanging out with people in your similar situation. But there aren't 'mid-singles' companies and 'married with young kids' companies. I do like my co-workers and we're friends the way co-workers are friends, but they live in different cities and we don't exactly hang out on the weekends. I miss that about my last job, but what can you do.

Anyway, I wish there were a friend service. Because it would sure be nice to have a friend, and maybe one that could be a best friend for life and beyond. That kind of friend. Maybe. Someday.


No comments:

Post a Comment