Tuesday, October 20, 2015

All stocked up...

So, a while back I realized I had a lot of freezer space. And I went on a massive cooking spree and froze a bunch of meals so that I could just pull a meal from the freezer, take it to work and be set. 

I decided to do it again and have another freezer full of stuff. I can't fit anything else in there (of course some of it is ice cream and frozen vegetables). Which is ironic, because my fridge is pretty bare. And now that the freezer is full, I realized that I haven't been eating what I froze, kind of defeating the whole purpose. 

So I'm working on eating the food I've fixed and remembering what I have in the freezer. And I have discovered that food is a hassle. I eat it, but I can't even remember the last time I ate something that really hit the spot. It's fine, but I can't even think of what would taste good. It's all so much work. 

It also makes me think of something I read, that I'm supposed to be eating 4-9 servings of fruits and veggies a day. How is a normal human supposed to eat that many fruits and veggies? I usually eat about 9 servings of food a day period. 

Food. Its way too complicated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment