Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Maybe a bit magical

I usually think of February as that gray-brown-black dirty snow time of year. Admittedly, this is not a very positive way of thinking of a month. January is crisp and cold and white--clean snow. But February is just drudgy snow that has been trampled and driven through and fumed on by exhaust pipes. I don't have any bad experiences connected with February, and it isn't even like it drags on and on--it's the shortest month of the year, people. It just has that weird mental image in my head. (That and red hearts, which I also don't have any personal experience connecting hearts to February. So, again, no personal bias, just a bizarre mental picture).

Anyway, the other day, I had to step out into the frigid February air, and I noticed this:


"Um, yeah. It's snow. It's February. It snows in February where you live," you say. True, but look closer. 

It's all sparkly! Seriously, all sorts of poetic comparisons popped into my head, and I felt like a 7 year old who thinks she's stumbled into a diamond field. It was kind of exciting. And not dull gray brown yuck! This is how February should be thought of, if only because people would feel happier. 


There is probably some neat little life lesson there, but I'm just going to leave you with fun sparkly snow. Enjoy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment