Saturday, January 7, 2012

It's 2012...

Which means, I have a new calendar! This is a very exciting thing for me. I take calendars very seriously. When I was in high school, way back in the day, I would choose very unexpected themes, such as airplanes and sports cars. (I am a bit saddened that I don't know what happened to the sports car one. It featured a Lotus Elise--yes, there is a car that shares my name, which, how cool is that?--and it would have been a fabulous memento). It was a trend that didn't last, because I have no memories of calendars during college. But the last few years, I have gone with a travel theme. I have had Ireland, Germany, Spain, Scotland, China (I actually went to China during the year of the Chinese calendar. Wish I could say the same for the rest of them...), and this year, I am featuring Australia. I have actually been to Australia. I stayed the night in Sydney due to a layover, which is another story, and happened to be there the day before Australia Day. Which is interesting only because the year before, my roommates and I had decided it would be fun to celebrate every holiday on the calendar, and the first one (and only one) we celebrated was Australia Day. At the time, I never dreamed that I would be in Australia, let alone the day before Australia Day. So, it was kind of fun. And I would definitely like to go back to Australia, because even though I did get to walk to the Opera House, count the number of stairs up to the Opera House, and walk around the Harbor Bridge, and walk by a restaurant called Don Quixote, most everything was closed by the time we got there. So clearly, there is more to see. Which may or may not happen this year, but all the same, Australia will grace my closet door (don't ask) for the rest of the year, and I will enjoy the continent vicariously at the very least. Either way, how bad can your year be with Australia in the mix?

No comments:

Post a Comment