Thursday, May 9, 2024

Here's to the lost socks

Today is National Lost Sock Memorial Day. Which, apparently, is the day to say good-bye to all the single socks you've been holding onto hoping their mate will pop up. Which sounds way easier than it actually is. 

First, what do I do with the extra socks? Just toss them in the trash? That just leads to guilt for tossing stuff into landfills, right? I guess I can use them for dusting. That could actually be good. One of my socks is a no-show ankle sock, and it would make a great dust rag. 

But, also, one of my lone socks is one of a pair of sloth socks, and I'm just not ready to give up on it yet. I know, it's silly, but it might show up! It's only been a couple of weeks and it may be in my room somewhere (it is possible. If you've seen the state of my room, you'd get it.)

And I guess that's why it's a memorial day, and not just a "get rid of those lone socks" day. Someone knew that it's not as easy as it seems to toss those extra socks. So today, take a moment to remember those lost socks, to wonder where they might be now (seriously! Will that mystery every be solved?!), and to let their mates go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment