Saturday, October 28, 2023

Head, shoulders, knees, and toes

I spent most of the day working on a DIY home improvement project, which involved a lot of kneeling, apparently, because my knees feel bruised. They don't look it, but they are definitely tender to the touch.

This begs the question: Is it that my knees are old? Or is this something that also happened to me as a kid, if I spent a load of time kneeling? I honestly don't remember. It seems like it is probably a universal thing: knees just don't like all that pressure (I don't blame them). But, it could just be that I'm old? Older? As in, not 10? 

So I need some kids to help me out. And I guess teenagers, some 20-somethings, and some 30-somethings. And some 40-somethings, and I don't count because I didn't have any kind of measures in place for a science experiment. We need our participants, and we need to measure how long they are kneeling, any breaks (15 minutes on, 5 minutes off, or whatever). Then, at the end of the kneeling time, we need to measure the diameter on the knee that is tender, and also for how long it is tender. Then we tally the results and can determine if it's an age thing or not.

Or, you could just have your kiddo tell me if they get tender knees after kneeling for a while, and we'll call it a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment