Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Speaking of heat waves

And speaking of heat waves (it was in the last post), it's really making me miss Buenos Aires. Where it was winter. And by winter, I mean in the 50s. And I miss it so much. The best I can do is reminisce. 

The bad news is I didn't have as much time in Buenos Aires to get out an about as I did in Montevideo. The good news is my last night in Buenos Aires was at a hotel right in the city center (I'm guessing it's the center?) where lots of cool stuff was and I could see it all from the balcony. I did leave the room, but yeah, didn't have to.
View from the first hotel room

Shampoo, conditioner and body wash in the hotel, but super genius. Why are we still doing little bottles?

Empanadas. They were amazing! And this one shows really well how they mark the flavor with letters on the crust.

View from the second hotel room.

View from the second hotel room.

The Obelisk. With the letters BA. 

The Teatro Colon

The literally 16 lanes of traffic outside the hotel. Okay, 16 is just my estimate. You'd think I'd have time to count the lanes, but when you are crossing, you have to hurry just to get across the section. But if you can figure it out, kudos! I'm going with 16. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment