Sunday, February 21, 2021

Getting shuteye

For the last couple of weeks, I just haven't been sleeping well. Okay, let's be real. It's way more like several years, but the last couple of weeks have been worse than usual. I feel like my brain has completely forgotten how this sleep thing is supposed to work. Instead of shutting off, like I do with my computer each night, it seems to be going into sleep mode and not really shutting down. (Which is ironic, because sleep mode for my computer is definitely NOT the equivalent of a sleep mode for my brain). 

And today, for the first time in a couple of weeks, I had the chance to sleep in, and of course, I slept in later than I had planned on because it just felt so good. As a side note, why is my bed always the most comfortable just before I'm supposed to wake up? And why do I always sleep best in between my alarm and the snooze alarm? 

Clearly, my sleep habits need reform. It's a constant series of failed attempts, but I live in hope. 

In the meantime, if anyone knows how to retrain my brain in what it means to sleep, do let me know. 



No comments:

Post a Comment