Sunday, May 24, 2020

The Smell of Spring

One nice thing about this spring was the flowers. May smelled amazing! I know this COVID thing has wreaked havoc, but I LOVED going out for walks every day (almost every day) and being able to smell the flowers. I know this happens every spring, but for some reason, I never really noticed them as much as this year. Maybe because I'm normally stuck in a building almost all day long, and only leave to get from point A to point B, and there are normally tons of other people doing the same thing. And lots of cars and stuff, adding to the aroma. Whatever the reason, the smell of spring was amazing this year!

It reminded me of the time I went to Mackinac Island in June. We got off the ferry and you could smell three things: lilacs, fudge, and manure. So, kind of like that, but minus the fudge. But also minus the manure, so on the whole, a win. The fudge would have been nice, but all in all it's better for my health this way. 

Thank you, spring! You really came through for me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment