Tuesday, June 12, 2018

A small item of follow up

So, last time I mentioned that I don't remember the details of finding out about 9/11. Naturally, the thing to do was to look in my journal. Which was very informative. Not only did I find out about where I was, but I learned that 38 year-old me finds 21 year-old me really annoying.

I don't find all 21 year-olds annoying.* They are young. They have a different perspective of the world. I don't expect them to be 38 in their mentality. It would be unfortunate if they were. I just find 21-year old me annoying. Because it's me and I was so smarmy and so not like me today.

Also, I don't think I have the same tone in my journal as I do in person. I was writing to an unknown audience, an older me and an invisible and hypothetical posterity. It's a little different than writing to someone who is going to see what you wrote immediately. Hopefully, I was less over the top in person.

The good news is I've grown a bit since 21. The bad news is there's a very real possibility that my 55 year-old self might be equally annoyed by 38 year-old me.

But what can you do, eh?


*Also, I don't know how to hyphenate ages and am too lazy to look it up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment