Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter thoughts

It is Easter today and I don't want the day to be just another day. So I'm taking this moment to express gratitude for my Savior.

I don't know Him as well as I should, or even as well as I have in the past, but there are things I do know, even if I don't always feel as certain as I want to.

He is the only truly reliable thing in the Universe. He is sure, a certainty. (Even more certain than death and taxes).

He is constant, a much needed constant in a world in commotion. He never changes, His doctrine never changes, His invitation never changes, and His love never changes.

When no one else knows what life is like for me, He does. And it's not a knowledge based on 'similarities'. It is a knowledge from having experienced what I experience--a perfect, complete understanding and knowledge of my situation.

He is a friend. He has been my friend, and I am trying to do whatever it takes to remain His friend.

He is so, so good. I think the quality of goodness is incredibly underrated. When I think of how good He is, it fills my heart with joy and love and a desire to be good, as well. Good in the truest, purest way.

I want so much to be with Him again and to have Him as my friend always. I hate being far from Him and I don't want to disappoint Him. I know I do, sometimes, but I hope more than anything that He knows how much I love Him and want to please Him. I want to live worthy of the sacrifice He made. I want Him to know how grateful I am for the hope and light that exist because of Him.

As Paul wrote to the Corinthians, "Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift."*


*(2 Corinthians 9: 15)




No comments:

Post a Comment