Sunday, September 7, 2014

Head, shoulders, knees and toes

That is probably an extremely misleading post title. But it happens. (Sometimes, relevance gets sacrificed for the sake of wit).

Last week, I went grocery shopping and got caught in the rain. And the bus was late, so I decided to start walking to the connecting bus, instead of waiting (good plan, I might add--I passed the buses on the way to the end stop and I was almost to my connection. Yes, buses. Plural. The one that was late and the next one). But, it's impossible to carry groceries and hold an umbrella when groceries = more than one bag/one hand's worth of bags. So, I got wet.

Now, I have weird hair. It wants to be curly, but on its own, just gets these goofy waves. So I usually straighten it. Sometimes, I try to do it curly, but then it has all that mousse and stuff in it , and no one wants to touch moussy hair.

But, when I get rained on, my hair curls beautifully. Just the way I wish it would do on its own. But I've never been able to get it to do it without walking in the rain. Just nice, curl-waves that behave themselves. It is a strange phenomenon that I can't explain, but my hair has my personality, I guess. I too enjoy walking in the rain.

The other day, I bought a maxi skirt. I used to hate short skirts, but in recent years have been buying more of the knee-lengthish ones. I do have some longer ones, but none that long. (Okay, one. From high school. That has to be ironed. Ironed! It doesn't get ironed.) Um, I LOVED wearing that skirt today. It was comfortable. It was cool. It was long enough to keep my legs covered in the cold chapel. It was flowy and drapey and wonderful. I am restraining myself from buying 5 more. (I don't need five more. Maybe one more, though.)

I have this pair of sandals that I wore with it. I also adore these sandals. They are gladiator sandals, leather, and they have molded to my feet. And they are so comfortable. (Not if you are walking miles in them, but otherwise, yes). I get home and I don't want to take them off. I love the design and the fit. I am sad when summer ends and I can't wear them anymore. Because they are wonderful.

That's all for now from my fashion corner. If you have fashion questions, definitely talk to someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment