Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Do you manage a large mammal population?

Today at work I was doing some research on an organization and came across this little gem:

 (and I quote) "The ESGR deer herd has been the focus of many studies, including Dale McCullough's landmark book "The George Reserve deer herd: population ecology of a k-selected species."  This text continues to be a must-read for managers of large mammal populations."

Which is funny in and of itself, because it isn't exactly what I think of when I'm thinking gripping reading or bestseller. But then my co-worker said, "Do groups of people count as large mammal populations?" And, well, technically, yes they do. And that lends itself to a whole new audience for said book, including:

Teachers
University presidents
Athletic managers
Hospital managers
Traffic cops
CEOs 
Band/Orchestra/Choir directors
the Military
Whoever manages Congress (ha ha)
Dictators
perhaps the aliens controlling us?

Anyway, if you or someone you know manage a large mammal population, make sure to pick up this must-read text. I'm sure it will be a very valuable tool. 



No comments:

Post a Comment