Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tis better to give

My six-year old nephew has decided to become a fan of my current alma mater. This despite the fact that his dad has attended 3 different universities and was raised in the town of another one. Well, I found some apparel for my school on sale, and there was a shirt just his size. I was headed to his house that day, which was terrific, because I was dying to give him his surprise. I think I sped (not much, just a few miles faster) the whole way, because I was so excited to show him his shirt. And boy, he was pretty pleased too. It was a fabulous moment.

I just love giving that perfect gift. I don't care if it's a holiday or not, I just love knowing that someone is going to light up at the sight of it. Even small things, like a shirt (that really cost me hardly anything, it was a great sale) that just make someone's day. I think it's because when I get gifts like that, it always makes my day, and life is just so much better because of it, and I love being able to share that with other people. And it always cheers me up, too. Seriously, it's even better than eating chocolate.

Although, a gift with chocolate...you just can't go wrong there.

No comments:

Post a Comment